Eva-Maria Worm | Attorney
Eva-Maria Worm is an experienced lawyer whose legal education and career has spanned continents. She has studied law and received legal training in Germany, Australia, Belgium, and South Africa, culminating in the receipt of a doctoral degree in legal studies in Germany with a thesis on cross-border corporate law issues in the European Union. While pursuing her PhD., Eva-Maria worked as an in-house counsel for Knorr-Bresme AG, a railway equipment manufacturer.
After receiving her advanced degree, she moved on to the international law firm of Baker & McKenzie where she began a career in private practice. From Baker’s Munich office, she was seconded to the in-house legal team of BayernLB, the Bavarian state bank, where she worked on a variety of international finance transactions. She later migrated to Baker’s Chicago and San Francisco offices, working on M&A transactions and corporate reorganizations and more recently, securities and global equity compensation compliance matters. After over a dozen years at Baker (a Baker’s dozen?), Eva-Maria had developed specialized legal expertise but found herself yearning for the opportunity to be more “hands-on” and instrumental in her clients’ successes. This desire lead her to goodcounsel.
At goodcounsel, Eva-Maria enjoys helping early-stage clients balance the business world’s need to take risks against the legal world’s desire to minimize them. She is thrilled to be providing strategic and practical legal advice on a wide range of issues to help goodcounsel’s clients succeed.
Eva-Maria has fallen in love with the welcoming friendliness and can-do mentality in the United States and now calls San Francisco home.
- Formerly of Baker & McKenzie for 12 years
- Admitted to practice in California, Illinois, and Germany
- Enjoys the outdoors year round by participating a variety of activities including swimming, skiing, hiking and running half-marathons
- Legal superpower: Multi-Jurisdictional Clairvoyance (the ability to perceive legal issues developing in many different systems)
- Languages: English and German; working proficiency in French
- Next travel destination: Open to recommendations